10 Inspiring Quotes About Sustainability & Agriculture
April 10, 2023
In recent years, the concept of sustainability and agriculture has gained significant attention. With the growing concern for the environment, sustainability is not just a buzzword. It has become a necessity. Especially in agriculture, sustainable agricultural practices are now widely adopted to protect soil health, maintain food security and preserve natural resources for future generations.
We’ve put together a list of inspiring and thought-provoking quotes to serve as a reminder that sustainability and agriculture go hand in hand and to motivate you towards creating a more sustainable and greener world.
Quotes about sustainability
- "Sustainability is not just about conserving the earth's resources; it's about preserving the very essence of life on this planet." - David Suzuki
- "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it." - Robert Swan
- "Sustainability is about meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs." - Gro Harlem Brundtland
- "We must shift our emphasis from economic efficiency to life efficiency." - Kofi Annan
- "Sustainability is a journey, not a destination. We must constantly strive to do better, to be better stewards of the earth and all its inhabitants." - Unknown
Quotes about sustainable agriculture
- "Sustainable agriculture is not just about growing crops, it's about caring for the soil, the water, the air, and all the living things that depend on them." - Vandana Shiva
- We must plant the seeds of change, and nurture them daily through our actions and choices." - Kari Martinez
- "Agriculture is our wisest pursuit because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness." - Thomas Jefferson
- "The health of our planet depends on the health of its ecosystems, and sustainable agriculture is key to maintaining that health." - Jules Pretty
- "The goal of sustainable agriculture should be to regenerate the soil and the ecosystem, not just to maintain them." - Joel Salatin
At FRESHPPACT, we are on a mission to work together with solution providers to mitigate plastic pollution in agriculture and fresh produce. If you’re interested in finding out more about our work or to become a consortium member, please send us an email at [email protected].